Two days before your surgery
- Peridex: Begin to rinse twice a day with 1⁄2 ounce of this antibiotic mouth rinse. Do this in the morning after you eat breakfast and brush your teeth. Repeat at night before you go to bed. Antibiotic mouth rinse will help decrease the incidence of dry socket and infection.
The morning of your surgery
- Peridex: Rinse with 1⁄2 ounce for 30 seconds.
- Clindamycin: This is an antibiotic. Take 2 capsules with a small sip of water one hour before your surgery.
- Zofran : This helps prevent nausea. Take 1 tablet 1 hour before surgery.
- Ibuprofen – To help reduce pain and swelling, 800mg of ibuprofen can be taken every 8 hours, both before and after the procedure. Remember to take medications you normally take (except insulin) with a small sip of water.
Ready to start smiling with confidence?
Please contact our Oregon City office with any questions or to schedule your appointment!
After your surgery
- Clindamycin-Take the remaining capsule 6 hours after you took the first two capsules.
- Zofran –This helps prevent nausea. Take every 8 hours as needed.
- Norco-This is a narcotic pain medication. Take 1 tablet every 4 to 6 hours for pain. Pain medications can make you dizzy or drowsy.
DO NOT DRIVE OR OPERATE MACHINERY WHEN TAKING THESE MEDICATIONS.
The morning after your surgery
- Peridex-Start rinsing again twice daily for 30 seconds. Brush your teeth and keep your mouth clean.