What To Know Before Your Oral Surgery
If you are going to have a general anesthetic or intravenous sedation, please follow these instructions.
1. Do not eat or drink anything for six (6) hours prior to your appointment. Your surgery may be delayed if you have ingested any food or water 6 hours prior to your appointment.
2. A responsible adult must accompany you to the surgical appointment and remain in the office until you are discharged from care. It will be that person’s responsibility to return you home safely and remain with you for 4 hours.
3. Minors must have a parent or guardian present.
4. Take any prescription medication (except insulin) as you routinely would, use only a small sip of water if necessary.
5. Activities requiring exertion, alertness, or coordination (driving) are not permitted following the anesthetic. The patient should plan to relax the day of surgery.
6. A short sleeve shirt and comfortable, loose fitting clothing is suggested.
7. No alcoholic beverages 24 hours before or after your surgery. Eat a light, easily digestible meal the night before surgery.
8. Parents or friends are not allowed in the surgical room during surgery.
Call us at Oregon City Office Phone Number 503-650-6116 with any questions or book your consultation online.Call Today Book Online